of each month
Click links to the left for information on upcoming Meetings, Programs and Events
Purpose and Goals of the Guild
* to promote and perpetuate the art of quilting
* to educate all persons interested in preserving, continuing, and advancing
* to encourage a high standard of design and technique in all forms of quilting
* to encourage community outreach by sponsoring quilting workshops and classes
*to support local area charities by donating
projects created by our membership throughout the year!
We love new members...
Come and visit
one of our
Doors open at 6:30pm for socializing, meeting and program begins at 7:00pm.
Next meeting: Saturday, December 9th at 11am *In place of our usual Thursday meeting.
On Saturday, December 9th we will have our holiday get together at Lillian Adcock's complex's community room at 3216 Regents Park Lane, Greensboro, NC 27455. This is our annual party to celebrate and get to know each other better. We will have games, food, and the installation of officers for 2024. The guild will provide drinks, paper goods, and catering from our members choice of Olive Garden Italian food.
Doors open at 10:30 am to set up, we will eat at 12 noon sharp.
Cleanup by all members after the last game so we will be out by 2 pm. We need everyone’s help putting things away, sweeping, etc.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Please arrive at 11:00 am so we can play one game before the meal.
2. Bring 5 unwrapped 2.5 inch jelly roll strips 42” long of your favorite holiday, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, Valentines, July 4th, etc. for the LRL game.
3. Bring any donation quilts, hats, etc. for the Community Outreach to collect and distribute.
4. Dress up in your Holiday colors and come prepared to enjoy a wonderful get together with your quilting friends.
Go to the "Membership" tab to print out your 2023 Membership Application! Thank you!
If you have an idea for a program or a project we can do or start in 60 to 90 minutes please contact the Programs & Workshops Committee.
Did you hear that PIEDMONT QUILTERS' GUILD now has a Facebook page? Please click on the link at the top of this page and request membership to our group. We would love to see what you are making!
*SPECIAL REQUEST from Community Outreach:
Cathy Lohr, Volunteer Coordinator for Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro has requested Red, White & Blue twin bed size quilts or large throws. These are needed for Hospice patients who are Veterans.
"DOSE OF GOOD" from WFDD on May 24, 2021
"Quilters love to quilt. We make bed quilts, throws, baby quilts, table runners, wall hangings, placemats and more. We make them for family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. When we’ve made something for everyone we know we make things for people we don’t know. The members of the Piedmont Quilters’ Guild in Greensboro NC have been making and donating quilts since 1980! We recently donated 22 quilts to Freedom House, a substance abuse recovery center for mothers and their children. They were so happy to receive this donation. The quilts will keep the mothers and children warm through the winter. We have already started on more quilts and look forward to donating again soon!"
Dose of Good from WFDD listener Michelle Owens, Greensboro, NC
The PIEDMONT QUILTERS' GUILD would like to present...
"It Takes a Village"
Congratulations to Janet Wells, winner of our raffle quilt!
NEW MEETING LOCATION:
New Garden Friends Meeting
801 New Garden Rd.